Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ilmu Keluarga dan Konsumen

 I ever read a quote ‘sounds’ like this:

Semua do'a direkam,
dikabulkan kapan-kapan.
(Irfan Amalee)

Every du'a is recorded, and in the right moment, it will be granted.

You have a dream, you have to make du'a. You have a dream, you have to protect your du'a. You have a dream, you have to know -to realize, there's no one except Allah who answers your du'a.

No matter how big your dream is, Allah's more than enough to make it real. Don't you remember that He is the owner of every existing creature? the owner of every big thing included your big dream. Blessed is He in whose hand is dominion, and He is over all things competent (Al-Mulk: 1). No matter how simple your dream is, how deep your dream-whisper is, Allah knows. He knows exactly what is in every heart. And conceal your speech or publicize it; indeed, He is knowing of that within the breasts (Al-Mulk: 13).

Well, Allah knows. But you have to underline this: if you don't put your trust in Him and you don't neither support it by your prayer, then you get nothing. Remember this meaningful quote: Allah itu Maha Kaya, tapi jika kita tidak pernah meminta, takkan pernah sampai kekayaan-Nya kepada kita (Bu Ida, 2012).

By this chance, I want to share my personal story about how did I find –or maybe found by- my college major now: Family and Consumer Science a.k.a. IKK (Ilmu Keluarga dan Konsumen) in Bogor Agricultural University  a.k.a. IPB (Institut Pertanian Bogor). It’s a big honor for me to be in this college which I never ever imagined before, this kind of major is does exist in Indonesia. (Hyperbola? Yes you may say so. Hhe :))

About two years ago, I was in a big deal of deciding, what kind of major and what college will I attend.  In another day I asked my dearest mother about her opinion. I told her about my confuseness. Then, she asked me about my dream and I said confidently that I want to be a teacher. But when she asked me what kind of teacher do I want to be, poorly I have no answer. Math? Chem? Biology? Physic? English? History? I have no idea. I just love to coach, to hear other’s story, to share about the lesson of life itself. I’m interested in how human build their interests. And this part is an amazing of a mother, she asked me to do istikharah prayer. Shalat istikharah dari sekarang, De. Minta sama Allah dikasih petunjuk dari sekarang, jangan nanti-nanti. (Mama, 2012).

I found IKK when I was in the 3rd year of Senior High School. I was sitting in CSA (Central Student Activity); the place where all student is allowed to use their own laptop (in my boarding school, laptop is forbidden to exist in dormitory) when someone added me on Facebook. A student college named Intan Islamia Mavirlian. Honestly i didn’t pay much attention to her at that time. Several weeks after, as I opened my Facebook account in regular time (regular time is a moment when student allowed to go out from my boarding school, once per two weeks), I tried to talk to her. She gave me such informations about college life and IPB condition (I started interest to be a Biology teacher so I asked Kak Intan about Biology department in IPB). Well, as you guessed, Kak Intan is an IKK student.

This part takes too much story to tell, so I will make it shorter. Well finally I am in this college, and i’m really amazed how Allah guided me beautifully. As the time passed, I just know that Kak Intan added me on Facebook because she found out my name written as the author on a children storybook at Labschool (Labschool is an education institute controlled by IKK department). Forget about my name, because i don’t even know what kind of book it is. You may freely assumed it was just an accident that Kak Intan found my name. It just simply, eyes illusion (?). How can I became the author when I didn’t even make any children story to be published? Well I don’t really care with the book and my name which was written as an author as Kak Intan told me. But my main point is, I think (and I feel it!) it was the way Allah guided me. He guided me with the unpredictable story, unpredictable scenario. But yeah, maybe someday I’ll check out which one the book is. Is it really ‘Rizky Sahla Tasqiya’ or another name on it.

And here I am now, studying at Ilmu Keluarga dan Konsumen. Exploring about family, education, character, children, interest, psychology, human, agriculture, ecology, nutrition, and many more. As this major is considered as new major in my campus, and also the only one in Indonesia (IKK is established on 2005), so many people still don’t know about IKK and how important the science of family and consumer is to be studied. When I was in senior high school, I highly believed that our nation’s main problem is strongly centered on human character. Because of that, I want to be a teacher. As my study, observation, and my wider perception nowadays, I just realized that the point of character education is not the teacher, but the family. Isn’t it? Karena dari keluarga-lah semuanya bermula. (Rizky Sahla Tasqiya, 2014)

It’s my second year in IKK and I’m really grateful of that. Thanks, Allah :) Ah ya, just for your information, Kak Intan is continuing her master study program in Taiwan. We don’t meet up yet as she went there in my first year of college. I hope I can meet her someday and say her bigthanks. About IKK, you may check this site for more information.

Every du'a is recorded, and in the right moment, it will be granted. I didn’t mention ‘IKK’ in my –every-  prayer. It was simply because I didn’t really know which college and specific major did I want to attend. I didn’t even know what is the name of my dreams and how should I define them using words. There was only this simple thing on my mind --> I want to be useful for the others in my own way. And poorly, I don’t know which one is the best one for me, which one will bring me to the right usefulness. So i have to ask Allah who knows everything and also the owner of everything. I have to ask Him, to show and guide my way to the best one. He knows best, and I do believe it.

You have a dream, you have to make du'a. You have a dream, you have to protect your du'a. You have a dream, you have to know -to realize, there's no one except Allah who answers your du'a. So when it is hard to explain your dream in words, when you feel blank which step you will choose, or when you feel so complicated and find no way to reach your dream, keep it on your du’a. The one who answers your du’a is knowing everything, so don’t worry. He knows you have a big-positive dream, then believe. When you ask Him, He will answer no matter who you are. When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way (Al-Baqarah: 186).

Whatever your dreams are, Allah knows. And whatever do you want, Allah knows best. :)

Rain City, November 25th 2014 at 4.04 pm

2 comments:

  1. Hi, hoaaa, kind of sweet story :)
    Yes, I do believe, Allah let us contact each other for such a special purposes.
    Alhamdulillaah ^^

    Let's meet up !
    In syaa Allah, at the end of January I will take some times to visit Indonesia.

    *btw, want to clarify something, I saw you as the owner of that book, not the author, it is actually a colored-story book for kids >.< hihi..
    but hopefully someday we can published our book together ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ka Intaan :)) jazakillahu khairan katsiir
      Yaay let's meet up! in syaaAllah, and thanks a lot for the clarification hhe :D i have to correct my memories then.

      Allahumma aamiin, Noted! published our book together :D He must be knows

      Delete